Friday, March 5, 2010

Name Help!!!

OK, people. I need some help coming up with some fun names for characters and things in my book.  The few main characters as of now are named Leef, Chaman, Malek, Krazen, etc.  But, I’d love some suggestions.

I also am stumped on what to call certain things throughout the book.  For instance, a significant element in the book is the existence of blue or white glowing stones.  They provide light, heat, etc.  I’m debating on whether I want to just make up a totally fictitious name, or whether I want there to be some semblance of actual root there.  For example, I’ve considered illuminites, illumigems, phosphorsomething.  You get the gist.  Or should I just make up a name like __________.
If you have some ideas, shoot me an email or comment on this post.

Also, I've mentioned this before, but this article is called Sanderson's First Law in which he sets forth certain rules for the use of magic in novels.  I think it's very well thought out.

jse

No comments:

Post a Comment